The following information is recorded in your file:
- First, Middle and surname
- Date Of Birth
- Postal and Street Address (if different)
- Current Medicare/Dept Veterans Affairs Number
- Pension Number
- Home, work and mobile phone numbers
- Referring Doctor name and address, date of referral
- Previous studies relevant to current request
This information is used as follows:
- Your name, address and date of birth allow us to identify the correct person when patient files are to be accessed, appointments made or queries answered.
- As we are a health service Medicare, DVA and pension numbers are required for account purposes.
- Telephone numbers enable us to contact you in relation to a change of appointment or account enquiry.
- It is a government requirement that requests for diagnostic imaging are made by a medical specialist or general practitioner. The requested service must be performed within twelve months of the date signed on the form/letter and completed within 7 days. We need this information to forward a typed report and worksheet to the practitioner who requested the study. In some instances, a copy may also be forwarded to other medical practitioners at the referring doctor’s request.
- Copies of other reports and findings relevant to the study being undertaken may be obtained and kept in your file.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, December 2001 we require your consent to collect personal information about you.
Queensland Vascular Diagnostics Pty Ltd collects information about you for the primary purpose of health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details so that we may properly execute the requested diagnostic imaging services.
The information we collect shall be used for:
- Administrative purposes in running the practice.
- Billing purposes
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care including treating doctors and specialists outside this vascular laboratory.
- Disclosure for research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management.
- Emergency situations whereby medical officers/hospitals require access to patient history for treatment purposes
Some examples of reasons where access to your files may be declined:
- The information requested will be difficult to understand and prone to be misinterpreted leading to unnecessary concerns about your or another’s health.
- The information may affect the privacy of someone else.
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
- The information is relevant to the negotiations we are having with you over the dispute relating to (condition) and providing access to you would affect such negotiations.
- We are unable to release the information because it is unlawful to do so.
- The information is relevant to an investigation into unlawful activities and therefore it would be inappropriate to be released at this stage.
- Your request is considered frivolous in nature.